Thursday, February 6, 2014

KANYE WEST - TOUCH THE SKY (MTV VERSION) FT. LUPE FIASCO (2006)





”Touch The Sky“ was actually very… You know, the funny thing is as popular as ”Move On Up“ by Curtis Mayfield is I’d never heard that song before and so I think I found a CD in my house or something, I had a greatest hits and I just threw it on, threw it on my iTunes and I heard that and I was like: “What’s this?” And I’d heard every other song on that CD before but I had never heard that one. Now, had I heard it and knew how popular it was, I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But I did it, I did the record, Kanye came… I did that record in about 20 minutes before Kanye got to the studio, or did the beat anyway. He took it, did it and when it came down to getting it cleared, clearing it was actually very easy, about sample clearances.


- Just Blaze for RBMA, 2006.
 Justin Smith the First: taming rappers' egos since '99. Session transcript Melbourne 2006, [Online].





ORIGINAL SAMPLE TAKEN FROM CURTIS MAYFIELD - MOVE ON UP (1970) 

 



Available at: http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/lectures/just-blaze--show-me-what-you-got?template=RBMA_Lecture%2Ftranscript 


No comments:

Post a Comment